Monday, June 15, 2009

Dreams do come true when u least expected it to

I mentioned in my previous post 'no mid-year bonus for civil servants this year',
and my colleagues, nursing friends from other hospitals are disappointed like me.


Few days back, we received a letter from our CEO and it was read out during roll call.
WE WILL RECEIVE OUR MID-YEAR BONUS!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!
And no less.
=)
I'm not sure if that applies to the other hospitals and sectors..
Let's hope all nurses & doctors will receive their FAIR share of bonuses altogether.
That counts for a celebration =)



June is my favourite month of the year, always have been.



Few days back I had a mini 'marathon' with my young patient in the ward....
HE dashed to the other end of the corridor and down the back staircase to level 1...
Thanks goodness my male colleagues from that station managed to pin him down eventually...

And today, he was doing an upright 'falling statue' on the bed...
What I saw was, 10 nurses and doctors surrounded the bed to support and pull him backwards.
OMG.

Ppl said nursing is challenging as we are dealing with sick n nonsensical patients.
That's right and I like the fact that it's never boring at work.
2 years at work, and I learnt a lot.
Importantly, they r beneficial to body n mind =)
I am glad I chose this path.