Friday, January 23, 2009

Today I had an appointment in clinic B after work.
I was quite worried actually.
I seemed to have most of the symptoms.
- cough n flu
- fever on n off
And so when the registrar examined my thyroid and told me to raise my hand horizontally,
she said my thyroid seemed enlarge and I looked septic.
SHIT I thought.



She sent me to another room n a nurse took 3 tubes of blood for TB quantiferon (a test to diagnose TB).
Haiz..
I always take bloods for my patients, and now it is my turn.
And everytime my patients would gave me the sian look when I explained the need for blood taking.
It does hurt.
Hours after the blood taking, my hand was still numb.
I wondered how my patients endured frequent 'poking' especially if their veins are difficult, which required more than 1 poke.
;(

I had taken my health for granted then.
How I regret.
Hopefully the blood test results would be good news 3 weeks later.
The thought of having to go through 6 months of treatment or worse, make me sad.