Thursday, January 8, 2009

Work issue

There are many times, especially the first few months at work,
thoughts of quiting after my bond occurred.
Even now, I still wonder if I should continue nursing after my remaining 1.5 yrs bond.

I would never forget that agony period during PRCP and that first 3 months as a registered nurse.
OMG. LIKE HELL.
Pressurized with workload, and stressed with my ever so demanding preceptor with 5 yrs of working experience, whom expected me to be as good as her.
She must think I am PERFECT.



I know some of my colleagues are upset n demoralised at work.
I couldn't say much to encourage them, because I don't know what kind of situations they are facing.
Just hope that they will gain more confidence, and don't let the past experiences hinder them.
What matters most is the present and the future.



Frankly, I also made many mistakes (though not so major) when I first started.
But it was a big deal to myself because they were mistakes which could be prevented if I took extra measures.

A friend told me I am a perfectionist whom expect the best, or rather perfection in everything I do and on others.

But I too learnt, I will not survive long if I can't let go of such situation.
I realised mistakes r inevitable, esp in this job.
I should learn to move on, and learn from it.
Over and gone.
So what if I had done something wrong, but harmless then?
Keep in mind and do the right thing now, is the way.



I hope, those whom r depressed and wanted to give up at work,
look at it in another light.
Nothing is that bad until u give up.
Do u think the latter part will do u any good if you rather avoid than facing the difficulty?
Ain't life all about challenges?



What doesn't kill me make me stronger =)



Somedays I seemed unapproachable and unfriendly.
I could be irritated at work, or bothered by personal matters too.
I know u r reading this.
Hope u will feel more encourage =)