Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I had finally completed my 6 days of morning shift....
I AM SO HAPPY CAUSE I GOT TO SLEEP LONG HOURS ON MY OFF DAYS!!!!!



My last 3 days of morning shift was HECTIC!
Can die working.
3 blood transfusions, 1 abdominal tap, 1 new admission, 3 discharges.
And whole morning I was busy with my 2 gastro patients.
I don't like gastro cases... always that many orders during doctor's round.
And when I wanna do the changes, another medical team would take away the casenote to review.
When the casenote is finally back, KAOZ..... million of things were ordered.



We were allowed to go home early after passing over to the next shift during the first few days of cny.
But I always left the ward even later than my usual time.
IT WAS SO BUSY!!!!



Sister Janet was back from her leave today.
I was so glad to see her..
She is an reinforcer at work, always making sure there r enough manpower in our station, n do her best to reduce our workload.
If only she was around that past few days, things might be lighter.
She treated us to Pizza today...
We will not be starved with her around, as she always make sure her nurses eat something no matter how busy we r.
I used to be irritated when she pushed me to eat when I was SO BUSY.
She would nagged at me n insist I go. She always tell us 'nurses r always busy... work is never ending. but u still need to eat!'
Now, I am so grateful to her =)



Mum is a very traditional woman.
SHe doesn't allow me to stayover at guy's place (definitely la),
and sometimes even worried when I stayed at my galfriend's house.
So I'm surprised when mum allow, and SUGGEST ming to stay overnight at our house on some nights because he looked too tired to drive back home.
So cute.
And he drove me to work early in the morning during cny.
N I got to sleep later... how nice =)


more updates coming....