Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend story

Had my weekends off after completion of 4 nite shifts.
FINALLY!!!! That 4 nights were kinda bad. Especially the last nite. Never ending work to do... OMG.



On my sleeping day, Friday,
went to city plaza in the evening for...
HAIR EXTENSION!!
Kinda impromptu, and decided to try it out as it looked interesting :)
Coincidentally a few of my colleagues also had hair extnsion lately... is it a trend now? lolz.
I was thinking... instead of getting my hair damage by perming it when it's long, I might as well pay cheaper, and less harmful alternative to have curly hair :)
And tata!! I had on my fake real curly hair :)



I made an appointment at 4pm, and I arrived on the dot.
And I waited 2 hours for my turn...
Mine took only 1.5 hours to complete.. Total 150 strands of hair braided onto my real hair.. nicely.
Painless, except a few occassions the lady pulled my real hair real hard when she was in the midst of some juicy gossip with her colleague... *ouch*



I missed the dinner with ming n his mum on that day too...
My appointment was delayed n ended nearly 8pm.
So went to city hall to meet Liz and CF...
Kept CF in suspense as I told her I was going to do something that day, without giving her the deatil on what exactly I was doing...
So their reaction when they saw me.... amused? lolz!



The next day went to town with Kelly, Sharon n JJ.
Kinda unexpected of me extending my hair I supposed?
Even sis was surprised when I told her about it...
Maybe not everyone fancy the idea of having on fake hair ar?
To be frank, it's better if I grow them.
Kinda disturbing to sleep with the braids on (to secure the hair),
washing & brushing of hair is a hindrance as well... Can't be too hard n rough..
Wonder if I could maintain it until I'm back from HK? haha.
It said 6 months if well taken care of.... HMMMMMmmmmm....?_? Can I?



This is how it looks like from the back...
They asked why I chose that colour..
Simply, the bottom of my hair is that colour -_-""
I wanna chose black, but it would not blend to my hair colour then..



My fake real hair :)




Went back home for dinner after meeting them...
Mum's bday!
Every year we would eat outside... Except this yr...
Had steamboat at home, and gave mum $100 ang bao with sis, and bought her cake and paid for the groceries etc..
I liked kinda gathering... Be in in the restaurant or at home... It's always cozy and nice.
Ming came too :) And cleared most of the food..
That's y my parents like to have him around especially when there are too much food to be consumed =p


Kinda traditional to have a bday cake for bday in my family.. =)
Bday without a bday cake from my family is really werid.
I hope this blessing will sustain for a very very long time :)



Ming the photographer...




We played majong for a few hours....
Ming, my parents, me and sis (took turn).
N ming left for his soccer match near midnight, while we continued the game of majong!
Hk's family favourite pastime lolz.



Next day, Sunday, woke up late and meet dear in the afternoon.
We had steamboat with his mum n grandma at Golden Mile.
(-__-)
Kinda 'stressed' as it was my 1st time eating with his grandma haha.
The few times I saw his grandma was during occassions when ming brought me to her house to sit around then... Kinda cute grandparents :)
Reminded me of my own grandma whom I will be seeing very soon next month =)



Went to Downtown East E-Hub for movie before he booked in.
Watched Big Stan, a comedy.
And we looked around for his mum's bday gift, which is only 1 day before dear's. So qiao.
I always say her mum's most memorable bday gift should be the day ming was born.
Hers is the 11th OCT and ming's the 12th OCT.. So qiao :)



So back to work after a lovely weekend...
And today work was busy!!!
ALWAYS THAT BUSY.
But to be positive, there's always better things waiting ahead :)