Monday, October 27, 2008

Black Friday

It was a miserable friday at work.
Unlucky to be late for work with Lina because the cab driver drove SUPER SLOW.
and unlucky to have medication error when I helped my colleague to serve her medications when she was busy.


The nurse manager (overall in-charge of the ward) scolded Lina n I inside the office for a solid 30 mins. And I tried to hold my tears back.
I sobbed when the scolding ended, and Lina gave me a comfort pat despite the agony she went through with me.
I feel guilty, to have made this stupid mistake.
For a moment I wished I had not helped =(


For the rest of the day, I never had a moment of peace.
Sister Janet knew we were feeling depressed, and she shared her mishap that happened when she was 6 months old as a nurse then.
And I told her she was new when she made the mistake, it was pardonable. But I'm already more than a yr old nurse and it is not excusable for me.


I skipped ward meeting that day.
I told her I am afraid I will cry in the room.
She relented and told us to get some rest instead.


Lina and I left to meet Anna after work...
Our initial plan to have a good time out together, dampened our mood after that incident.
Both of us shared the same woes.
Together we were late for work,
together we were scolded like hell for the mistake,
together we showered in cold water due to the faulty heater,
and together we shared a small towel after bath because I forgotten to pack mine.

WHAT LUCK!
But I am grateful I wasn't walking this miserable path alone.


We still proceeded with the arrangement to watch a funny movie and had a heartfilling dinner.
To distress, sister janet said.
We watched Connected at AMK hub,
it was a fantastic show!
The show gave us palpitations- so exciting~~!
ANd it was really funny, we laughed n laughed.
The generous robber and the sissy salesman topped the chart
A good remedy for a bad day =)
Received a msg from sister janet in the middle of the movie asking if we were alright...
So sweet ;) I am lucky to have a understanding nurse clinician whom always help us through the dilemma we faced.



Next we had sushi for dinner...
I pointed everything that looked NICE and Lina said OK OK ORDER... Like free one arh.


Big size fish head soup~



Lina & Anna



The 2 sad gals




Crazy us actually planned to watch midnite movie after dinner, THE COFFIN,
as we planned to stay overnite at Lina's house..
But we ended up chatting and laughing in her room and missed the show time lolz.
And I lost my voice after laughing too much.
My throat was killing me~!~


Shot 1


Shot 2

WE squeezed on the same bed and slept at 3am plus... till the next afternoon 2pm.
Really tired man.



Went home to change and went to tam with CF in the evening.
Decided to have a feast before the strenuous run the following morning.
Had Din Tai Feng for dinner, then went to Hagen Daz for ice cream~~ yummy.



I really lost my voice.
Ha..



There are times I feel I am not recognised for the good I had done.
I could have done all the right things but noone will bother.
But 1 mistake I make, and the attention is on me.
Speak of fairness? It is never in my dictionary.
I help others, but I got myself into trouble.
At the end of the day, I made the mistake which I could have prevented by not helping.
Sometimes I rather I am less helpful =(



But there are always some ppl whom bring a smile n warmth to my heart.
THey are also ppl whom I helped ;)