Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Welcome to Taiwan!

The moment I stepped into Taiwan airport, and interacted with the first Taiwanese whom was the custom officer there, I started to like Taiwan =)
Really.
Started from the custom officer, visitor information counter staff, bus driver to Taipei Main Station, to the hostel guy...
They are so welcoming and friendly.
In terms of politeness and friendliness, even Hong Kong is incomparable.

Everywhere we go, the staff would greet us 'huan ying guan~ ling'welcome and 'xie xie guan~ ling'thanks for coming!
Ming and I are addicted to their 'singing' greetings.
And we are never pressed to purchase from them....



I told ming the moment we board the airport bus, 'I am beginning to love Taiwan' =)



CF mentioned before Taiwan is not as city-like as shown in dramas...
True enough, I'm kinda surprised that Taipei is packed with scooters population than cars, the roads and buildings are almost similar to some areas in china.
But overall it was a lovely country with nice ppl and places to go.



I love the night markets in Taipei--> everynight we would visit a different night market...
I love the street foods in the night markets--> everything we ate are nice. I love shave ice!
I love shopping at WuFenPu--> warehouse price, many varieties and pricing is definitely cheaper than sg. but one thing for sure is I prefer shopping @ Bangkok Chatuchak Market, which is 4 to 5 times larger and much cheaper than WuFenPu. serious!
I love the ppl there! (except a few black goats whom we met)
I love watching 100 television channels every night in the hostel.--> even after 2am.
And I love their 7-11 instand food(bian dan)! They r really power la!



My verdict-->
Taiwan is a lovely place and easily accessible for 1st- timer.
DIY travel is definitely possible, we did it =)
Taiwan is some what similar to Hong Kong in terms of supreme food, breathtaking sceneries (mountains, night lights and crowded)
Shopping in Hong Kong is slightly more expensive than Taiwan, but the trends in Hong Kong are nicer and faster.
Somehow, I still prefer HongKong than Taiwan -_-



Took more than 700 plus photos.... WOW.
All uploaded into facebook- 4 albums total -_-'''
Will blog in details with pictures once blogger allows me to =)

WE will definitely re-visit Taiwan few yrs later =)



Next year, vietnam? haha.