Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Nurses Day! (BELATED)

When I first started work 2 yrs back,
it's not uncommon to leave the ward at 5pm plus for morning shifts.
Everyday at work is akin to fighting a battle,
unpredictable things happened, and limited manpowers to handle crisis.
Pressure is written all over our face.



2 yrs later,
I looked back on those days.
And proud to say we have survived through =)
Lina, pam n myself. (from the same batch)



Now with new gals, and some new staffs from other wards,
we are divided into 3 teams from the original 2 teams.
That gave us more time to care, manage and teach holistically,
which is the highlight in nursing.
How nice =)



During a conversation with Lina,
we were saying the workload is much better than before,
and the new gals should perform even better than us when we first started.


However we didn't consider the fact that with lesser patients to care, chances of performing certain procedures are restricted.
And time management and priority setting do not come efficiently as the rush ain't too tight.



From it I concluded that it's beneficial to learn from the hard way.
Being busy, stressed, and racing against time might not be a bad thing in the long run.
WE got to see more, practise more, and thus learn more.
=)



Left with only 10 months of bond to serve,
time passed fast indeed.
And I was vexing how to complete 3 yrs in sgh when I first started out.



I used to wonder if I were not bonded, would I have left sgh few months after graduation?
And aimlessly searching for a goal still or,
battle through the challenges and stayed on till now?



I think nurses whom are not bonded, yet manage to stay firm in their jobs are impressive.
=)
For I doubt I could.
Thanks to my bond, that I stayed.
And no regrets =)