Saturday, April 11, 2009

I need to transfer out fast!!

The ward is hectic lately...
Many DIL (dangerous ill list) patients, bed bound patients and also the nonsensical troublemakers, whom double our usual workload.



At moment like this, how I wish Sister Janet is still with us.
She has the authority to fight back for us and bring enough manpower to ease our burden.
SHe used to scold me for my stubborness when I was busy and insisted of getting my work done before going for break.
She would say nurses are always busy. but we have to eat.
I am stubborn but I do get softened easily when persuaded.
Thus I need her to be around to push me....

Not forgetting the way she can twist and turn when facing difficult patients and relatives.
ANd always protecting us... and giving us chances.
She is so admirable.

Our new station sister is good too...
but in comparison...
I do hope it was sister Janet whom stays.



Yesterday went to bugis new shopping mall, lluma for movie with ming.
Nicolas Cage, Knowing
The story was captivating, except it's ending is kinda fictional.
Speaking of lluma,
it's huge and has many nice restaurants and shops.
Not many shops are open yet, but it was already crowded.
The most attractive is it's cinemafilmgrade, movie at $6 everyday =)

Went to the arcade and saw something interesting.
It is common to see ppl putting tokens into the machine and using it's metal hands to pick up assorted sweets and chocolates.
But in that arcade, they replace sweets & chocolates with ice creams!!!
ben & jerry tub, magnum ice creams etc...
AIn't it cool?!?!



It was a lovely evening with ming....
Especially when I worked till I almost cried. haha.
HECTIC.
And was stuck inside my patient's room for 2 hours just to do his complicated burnt-like dressing. OMG.
Aren't I glad I'm on night shift coming monday.. Can escape from morning craziness!!
Looking forward to my long weekends off =)