Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My first 10km road run

A late entry on my 1st road run =)


It was certainly a run to remember because I almost died on the road.
-_-"
When I saw the '5 km' sign board, I regretted joining 10km run.
Cause I had to cover another half of the journey!!
My mind was not onhow long will it take for me to reach the finishing line, instead if I could make it to the ending point without fainting halfway.
We made it to the finishing point eventually =)
1 hour 25 mins. Someone said it was 'long'!
But Jen n I are pretty 'proud' of our result because we didn't train for the run.
And what really matters was we completed the run with persistence!!
*applaud*




The energy boost after run



Our hard earned medal




I recalled those runs I joined during school days... and the grin I used to have when I receive the top 10 female runner.
Honestly, that was one of the greatest achievement in my school days.
Sound pathetic huh lolz.
I always enjoy running around the field outside my school during PE, run & stop at different intervals and always reach the finishing point with my body burning inside out, yet completely overwhelmed with satisfaction.



I didn't feel the same satisfaction after my 10km run.
I sweated and got the medal not because I run like hell,
but because I crawled to the end under the hot sun.
Sound disappointing ya? Haha.